When making the decision to buy a CCTV camera, you need to consider the type of power supply that can go perfectly with it. The right power supply will provide the right amount of power needed to make the camera systems run efficiently and reliably. Here is a quick overview of some of the different types of CCTV camera power supplies according to the number of cameras or the type of surveillance system that you have:
- Single camera power supplies – If you are using IP cameras without POE or you have HD-CVI and analog cameras, consider then you need a single-camera power supply that can power a single camera with power of 12v DC. Take note of your camera’s amperage and choose the power supply based on that. Distributors of security camera supplies typically carry power supplies with amperage ranging from one to five.
- Multiple camera output power supplies – If you have four to eight cameras and you want to keep the cords to a minimum number, consider output switching power supplies. They are practical for IP cameras without POE and analog and HD-CVI cameras. They come in a model that can be plugged into an outlet, and the rest of the ports on the other end are dedicated to every camera that you have.
- POE switches – POE stands for ‘power over Ethernet’ and it is designed for IP cameras. It can be an alternative to a 12v DC power supply if you want a simpler system that uses a Cat6 or Cat5 Ethernet cable. POE switches plug into a regular outlet before being connected to the network, so the NVR can see it, or they can be connected directly to the internet. They can have four, eight, 16, and 24 ports, depending on the number of cameras you have.
- 12v DC power box – This power supply is recommended if you want to minimize the number of power supplies and cords in your area. It is easy to use, but be sure to set it up near the security recorder and that it is plugged into a backup power supply.
- Use Night Vision Security Camera for Better Theft Protection
- Know the Benefits of Using a Wireless Security Alarm System
- Best Way to Buy Dome Camera System for Your Home
- 5 Things to Know Before Buying CCTV Camera Power Supply
- Ways to Find the Best Security Systems to Protect Your Home
- Use of Digital Video Recorder in CCTV Camera Surveillance
- Tips to Install Outdoor Security Camera System
- School Security Systems: An Important Tool for School Safety
- The Different Types of CCTV Camera Power Supply
- An Overview of PTZ Camera System
Posted by on 3/14/2017 to News