WD Purple NV hard drives are designed for high temperature, always-on, surveillance security systems with support of up to 64 high definition cameras to ensure reliability and quality video playback when you need it most.
Improve performance with All-frame.
WD Purple surveillance-class hard drives are equipped with All-frame technology which works with ATA streaming to reduce frame loss, improve playback and increases the number of drive bays supported. All-frame reduces video interruptions that commonly occur when desktop hard drives are incorrectly used as storage in security systems. Missed frames and lost footage is a serious problem when an event occurs and surveillance footage needs to be retrieved. WD Purple with All-frame provides the confidence you should expect when it's time to play back and review critical surveillance footage.
- Reduces video frame loss with surveillance-class storage
- Specifically tuned for surveillance security systems
- Caching algorithms are tuned for write-intensive, low bit rate, high stream count applications that are typical of surveillance applications
- Priority change for write allocations and preemptive caching policies
- TLER & ATA streaming support
- Supports up to eight drives
Engineered for compatibility - WD Purple surveillance hard drives are built for compatibility with industry-leading chassis and chip set manufacturers for seamless integration into your new or existing video surveillance system. Check out our compatibility selector to find out what surveillance drive is right for you.
Optimized performance for up to 64 HD cameras - WD Purple hard drives are optimized to support up to 64 high-definition surveillance cameras, giving you the flexibility to upgrade and expand your security system in the future.
Lower power consumption - Low power consumption is crucial in high-temperature always-on surveillance environments. With exclusive IntelliSeek technology, WD Purple drives calculate the optimum seek speeds which lowers power consumption, noise and vibration that can damage and cause desktop drives to wear out more quickly. When you invest in a premium surveillance-class drive you worry less while enjoying the benefits over a longer period of time.
- Security systems that want 24/7 surveillance reliability
- Surveillance security systems using PVR, DVR, NVR recorders.
- Security applications that require reduce error pixilation and video interruptions
- Surveillance-class storage performance that use up to eight hard drives and up to 32 cameras.
Features at a glance
- Built for 24/7 surveillance environments
- All-frame technology for better performance
- Designed to support up to 64 HD cameras
- Engineered for compatibility